I've come up with a relatively simple way for people to try running the benchmark in fullscreen. It is probably not perfect and of course you use it at your own risk. But, for those wanting to see how well your card performs in fullscreen, you should now be able to.
How to run the Final Fantasy XIV in fullscreen:
- Use of this intermediate launcher is at your own risk.
- If you haven't already, download/extract the FFXIV benchmark from here.
- Download my intermediate launcher here. (possibly required)
- Open the game folder and rename ffxiv.exe to rfv.exe
- Place my intermediate launcher (also called ffxiv.exe) in to the game folder
- In the parent folder, launch ffxiv-arr-bench-world.exe as normal
- When you click "Start," the benchmark will launch in fullscreen*.
*- You can hold down "shift" while clicking the "Start" button on the benchmark to run the benchmark in a window.
Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. This intermediate launcher does not alter the existing code of the benchmark application in anyway. Likewise, no reverse engineering/disassembly was used or required as the command line launch options were easily viewed from the Task Manager.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.